PEACHES, an English Setter/Lab mix, owned by Willis Marshal, forced her way into the house to wake the family during the night. Peaches alerted the family to an electrical fire, undetected by the fire alarm, that was burning close to a propane gas line.
Digby County, Nova Scotia
Kagawong, Manitoulan Island
SHYLEA, a Bouvier des Flandres, awoke owner, Bill Read, to alert him of a fire that was raging through his home. Shylea’s persistent clawing awoke Mr. Read just in time to save himself, Shylea and two cats before the house was completely destroyed.
CHACKA, a Newfoundland dog, attracted attention to Ron Hamizrachi, 15, when the boy was choking and unconscious while recuperating from an operation for a brain abscess.